Thread: Getting a ‘Sign up’ message when trying to setup a connected account in Windows 8 consumer preview with a existing Windows Live ID

Getting a ‘Sign up’ message when trying to setup a connected account in Windows 8 consumer preview with a existing Windows Live ID

I hope you all did understand the title well. so what I am saying is that I tried setting up a connected account using the Live ID. However during the process of setting up the account it shows me a 'Sign up for a new email address' screen. Now during the filling up of the page I filled in the existing windows live id but it says that it does exist which I know. I don’t understand why is it not taking the existing email id and asking me to sign up for the new account? That’s what I am wondering, anyways what’s your thought on this.

Re: Getting a ‘Sign up’ message when trying to setup a connected account in Windows 8 consumer preview with a existing Windows Live ID

Hi I have got this workaround for you do give a try for this and let me know if this works or not. so what I am saying is

- If you are in the screen where you have to enter the windows live id I would say don’t use the one that you are trying to login. Use some other live account that is valid and windows will recognize it.

- Now if everything goes well then you will proceed ahead to the sign in screen .

- On the sign in screen you just change the email address to the one that you want and then change the password as well.
    Now try. Hope that works out for you.

Re: Getting a ‘Sign up’ message when trying to setup a connected account in Windows 8 consumer preview with a existing Windows Live ID

Well I have got a solution for you all.

1) Go to the users control panel and click on the ‘ Add a user’.

2) Now in the left hand side you will get a option of "Don't want this user to sign in with a Microsoft account?" click on that option.

3) Now click on the local account and finish of all the steps that are required to create a local account.

4) Now go to the Users control panel and select "Switch to a Microsoft account"

5) Now go and enter a valid email address not the one that you are using right now but any other valid hotmail account.

6) As soon as you switch to the different page change the email address and enter the desired email address and password as well.

7) Finish off all the steps that are required to setup the connected account.

I hope that’s clear for you all, that’s it from my side for you.

I think so there is some kind of bug with the windows 8. I have noticed this users who have more than 16 letters of password for their hotmail accounts then it is giving problems to them. Well few days ago even I was trying to login with the existing account but it asked me to sign up. So I logged into the hotmail account and went to my account. I changed the password and restricted it to 10 letters. Now I was able to login with the Microsoft account. So if you all think you re having problem with the login then do think again and change the password. That’s it from my side for you all.