Thread: How to disable Metro UI within Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

How to disable Metro UI within Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

Hello friends, Can somebody over here please tell me that if there is some way to disable the Metro UI in the Windows 8. I want to do this because I want that start button should access the programs and the task bar to get them running. I want to keep the Explorer Ribbon. I find this difficult to disable this with the help of the Metro and so I wish to disable this. Ca n somebody over here help me to do this. Please reply if you have any idea regarding this.

re: How to disable Metro UI within Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

I don’t think that there is some way to do this but you can try to get the new Start Screen like the full screen Start Menu. Other than this, you can also click on the Desktop icon from the start Screen so that the start menu can come up as full screen and this will open the classic Desktop. Here you will be able to pin the things that you want to the taskbar. If you modify your mindset as of Start Menu toward Start Screen then the OS might start to click a bit better.

This is very disappointing as if someone has installed more than 100 Applications then it will not be possible for the metro to provide usability to any extend. If the developers really wish that the Windows 8 must be successful then it is necessary to have the classic start menu and also lone option for disabling the Metro.

If you do not wish to use the metro interface then you can disable this with the help of the MetroController. Metro Controller is a utility that allows you to disable all the new features of Windows 8, thus allowing the operating system to runs very similar like Windows 7, all from a simple screen. From this, we can click it to make it disable whenever we want. The first suits disable the new features, functions only the second Metro, and the third allows you to close the application. This is the bet to make use of.

MetroController is the only solution for you. This software offers customization to the choice to disable all the new improvements, including the new ribbon or disable only the new Metro while retaining the new ribbon. Your version of Windows 8 is then lightened Ribbon for the explorer, the lock screen and the host interface as Metro.

I don’t understand that why do you want to disable this. This is one of the main feature for which the Windows 8 is famous and you want to disable that only. If you really wish to disable this then it will be better for you to make use of the Windows 7 only.

Quote Originally Posted by Bontu View Post
    I don’t understand that why do you want to disable this. This is one of the main feature for which the Windows 8 is famous and you want to disable that only. If you really wish to disable this then it will be better for you to make use of the Windows 7 only.
    I am not agreeing with you. If someone doesn’t like any particular feature then it does not mean that he should leave that whole product. There is availability of the small utility Metro controller which can do this as already mentioned. Metro controller performs all the registry changes without hacks and without having to replace DLLs. Any changes you make to the Metro user interface controller reset default settings on Windows 8.

Re: How to disable Metro UI within Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

With Windows 8 , Microsoft has decided to take an optical and very courageous step. The Metro UI is definitely different and certainly getting used to for longtime Windows users. For non-customized applications but is still the default desktop available, but no further intervention can be reached via one or the other way but then again back to the Metro UI. It is certainly not everyone's case. Using a registry hack you can disable the Metro UI and you can continue to work with the default desktop. Who is on the few snippets of code do not like it can also download the Metro controller. This can turn off the LockScreen, Metro Screen and the Start Ribbon Explorer, you can keep the latter as well.