Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to delete hotmail account from Windows 8 Consumer Preview Mail App

Operating Systems

Old 20-03-2012

How to delete hotmail account from Windows 8 Consumer Preview Mail App

I have recently installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my system. Last night for testing purpose I was configuring hotmail account on my mail application because previously I was not able to connect to my Exchange account, so therefore I have tested with this hotmail account. I have configured hotmail without any issue and I have solved my Exchange account issue but I am not able to remove hotmail account from mail application. Is there anyone who can help me out solve this issue? Thanks

Old 20-03-2012

Re: How to delete hotmail account from Windows 8 Consumer Preview Mail App

I think that primary Hotmail account configured in the Windows 8 Mail app cannot be deleted and removed from consumer preview, so I think you will have to reinstall the Mail app in your system and then install from store and this will help you to reconfigure another email. I hope this helps you out.
Old 20-03-2012

Re: How to delete hotmail account from Windows 8 Consumer Preview Mail App

Hello thanks for the quick reply but I have issue with the uninstalling of the Windows 8 Mail app because there is no steps or anything given to uninstall it. Can you tell me the procedure how to remove the Windows 8 Mail app? Thanks
Old 20-03-2012

Ok you need to go through the below steps to uninstall the mail app:
Just press Windows key + C button on your keyboard or Move your mouse to the top right corner of the screen. Here you will get the menu and under that click on the settings. Now on the settings go to the Accounts and after that right click on the Exchange account and after that select the Delete button. Now once you done that then reboot the system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,