Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is it possible to remove Title bar glow from windows 7?

Operating Systems

Old 20-03-2012

Is it possible to remove Title bar glow from windows 7?

Hey I need some help here, I have been using windows 7 in my system and I am not having any such issue with the same but then I donít like the glow that appears on the title bar around the text via, currently I am using, I have heard that it is possible through the hex editing but then I donít have much idea about the same, is there anyone who can help me out with this????

Old 20-03-2012

Re: Is it possible to remove Title bar glow from windows 7?

I just wanted to know that have you disabled the transparency as you are using aero theme, if not then do the same and see if it is making any difference, as far as hex editing is concerned I donít think that it will help you out rather you can try to use Windows Style Builder for editing the themes, it is capable of separating the steam image, so it should probably help you out but then I will like to inform you that it can be used for default aero theme and not for the custom ones. Just check out the same and let me know if it helps.
Old 20-03-2012

Hey thanks for the same I have already disabled the transparency but then it is not making any difference and the glow is still there, I am using default aero theme and this is what I have set:
  • Background -solid black
  • Color intensity- maximum
  • Hue- minimum
  • Saturation- minimum
  • Brightness- minimum
  • Titlebar text- white
Old 20-03-2012

I you want then you can try out my solution, first extract the file from below to your desktop and then just put 1.theme file as well as 1 theme folder in C/Windows/Resources/Themes, which will be shown in Personalize as No_Glow and then you can just reset the background along with the saturation and hue and see if it is helping you out or not.
Attached Files
File Type: zip glow1.zip (886.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 21-03-2012

I was going to suggest the same, I mean that I have used the same and it really had helped me out, do try it out, the other thing I wanted to share is that there is No_Glow.2 as well, you can extract the same from below and then follow the solution that has been mentioned above, just check it out and then let me know what you have to say about the same. Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip No_Glow.2.zip (886.2 KB, 1 views)

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,