Thread: How to install and update the metro application in windows 8 consumer preview?

How to install and update the metro application in windows 8 consumer preview?

There is problem in my system whenever I try to install and update an application. I got an error that the application could not be installed. I got the error “please try again”. I see a lot of error if I look in the event viewer. Actually a fatal error was generated and it is send to the remote end point. TLS protocol specifies fatal error code is 70. Is there any way to remove this error and I can download and install the application?

Re: How to install and update the metro application in windows 8 consumer preview?

When I try to installing the application the same thing happened to me. I found that the date and time of the system was incorrect. After correcting the date/time I was able to download and install the application.

Re: How to install and update the metro application in windows 8 consumer preview?

I have the same problem here a fatal alert was generated and it is send to remote end point. This cause a termination in the connection . A fatal error code 70 was defined by TLS connection. I found windows channel error state 105”.i have reinstalled windows 8 then my time is synced with windows time server and time zone is correct I have attempted to use two part of internet connection. It happened only once that I was able to install 2 applications. After re image I was surely able to download choosing the application from application sector of the store. I am confused why I worked the one random time but not worked since and not worked before.

I have the same situation once. But my friend suggested me to establish a VPN connection. Then I establish the VPN connection everything was just fine and the problem no longer persisting. If you are able to setup a VPN server to connect then these solution would definitely work out.

Steps to create a new VPN connection for windows 8:
    1) On mtero click on control panel.
    2) Then select the metro settings.
    3) There will be option for network and sharring center select that.
    4) Then selcet the setup a new connection or network.
    5) Then click connect to a work place.
    6) Then click next.
    7) Select the connection method .
    8) There will be internet connection or choose dial directly.
    9) Then you will found the option for internet address and destination name fill that portion.
    10) Select certain optional setting according to your requirement,then click next.
    11) Then type the user name and password then select next.
    12) If you want to connect now youcan otherwise later.
    13) Start the VPN connection from network connection.
    14) There is properties at the below if you want to change any other values in VPN client