Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Does Windows 8 Consumer Preview support PlayReady for Windows Media Center?

Operating Systems

Old 16-03-2012

Does Windows 8 Consumer Preview support PlayReady for Windows Media Center?

I have a windows 8 consumer preview and I have Ceton card a multi- stream Tv tunner which is attached to the Comcast/Xfinity. But know I am afraid that I will loose all the ability to record the television program. I just to confirm that does the windows 8 consumer preview support the play ready of windows media center?

Old 16-03-2012

Re: Does Windows 8 Consumer Preview support PlayReady for Windows Media Center?

Microsoft PlayReady PC Runtime is actually a content protection technology. There is an update only for windows 8 consumer preview computers.
The steps to optain the update:
1) The scenario is if you have a supported tuner installed in your computer
2) You will be prompted to download these from Microsoft update after you configure the tunner in windows media center.
The windows 8 consumer preview supports the play ready for windows media center

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , ,