Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 keeps starting into safe mode

Operating Systems

Old 16-03-2012

Windows 7 keeps starting into safe mode

Hi, new member here. I have a problem, sadly. My toshiba Windows 7 Home Premium laptop keeps booting into safe mode and not into normal mode. Before it starts, it flashes "windows 6.1 service pack booting into safe mode" and then I see the safe mode screen.

Unfortunately, I have tried doing a "clean boot." Didn't work.

Tried startup repair, no such luck.

And I tried system restore but I got this error code 0x800700b7 which I don't know how to fix, especially in the already poor condition my laptop is obviously in.

I don't have a installation disc, either. My laptop was a gift to me and I have no recollection of the box coming with an installation disc.

Help?

Old 17-03-2012

Re: Windows 7 keeps starting into safe mode

Did you checked in msconfig. If safe mode is ticked under that the laptop will boot in safe mode automatically. Click on Start > Run > mconfig. In that go in General and choose Normal Startup. Thats all reboot and then check back. The error which appeared denotes that the location where the restore files are saved is corrupted.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,