Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Many basics are missing from Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Operating Systems

Old 16-03-2012

Many basics are missing from Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I found that there are many of the basic things which are missing in the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. I am talking about the basics similar to restart and shutdown buttons. Also I cannot find disk clean up, notepad and defrag. I cannot understand that why these things can be found easily. I know that these are not missing but for many users like me, it is difficult to find these things easily.

Old 16-03-2012

Re: Many basics are missing from Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I think that now this is very simple now to find any of the application. Like if you want to use Notepad then just type Notepad on the Metro Start screen and you will find that notepad opens on left. To open defragment, you have to type Defrag and this will also open in left of the screen. This is same for other applications and programs as well and it is really very interesting.
Old 16-03-2012

If you wish to see all the programs then on the metro screen, just right click to background and after that click on the bottom of the screen. Other than this, you can also type any single letter on Metro Start screen and then press backspace. When you do that then you will find that all the apps at one time only. This is the best way that I prefer but if you know that name of the app then there is no need to do this.
Old 16-03-2012

From the Metro screen, just move the mouse all the way from the bottom-right corner of the screen. When you do that then you will see that there is pop up which is having 5 icons. Now just click the icon at the last which is like gear and this will let you to the settings. After this you will get some of the options to the right of the screen. Click on the one which is labeled as ?power?. When you click that then you will get the option to sleep, restart or turn off.
Old 16-03-2012

If they would have made it in the same way then there would be no different and that does not have any meaning. But I find this easier as compared to the earlier OS.
Old 20-03-2012

As we all know that this is just the consumer preview and there is possibility that some of the features might be missing. But I am sure that when I final product will be released then it will come up with a perfect one. There are some of the utilities that you might find difficult to find as they are not same as earlier OS and you are thinking that this is missing from it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,