Thread: Unable to open more pc settings and windows 8 store is missing in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Unable to open more pc settings and windows 8 store is missing in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

After installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview in my computer it is giving me one problem. Application store icon is missing and when I click on more PC setting to refresh PC setting at that time it shows nothing. This problem is frustrating for me. Please help me with this.

Re: Unable to open more pc settings and windows 8 store is missing in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

As far as application store is concern you have to go to the Charms bar and after going there you have to select search option. After selecting the search option you have to check whether store is there left side alphabetical list or not?

Re: Unable to open more pc settings and windows 8 store is missing in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

If after trying above steps also you don’t find Application store then you have to try to solve this problem by running the SCF command. To run SFC command you have to first try CMD from the home screen and run it as administrator and after that you have to type “sfc /scannow” and then press enter. After running that in your computer when you restart your PC at that time all the things will start working properly. I hope this solution will help you to get rid of this problem.

Well in my computer I was also having same problem with windows 8 consumer preview and then my friend have suggest me to run SFC command and after running that command in my computer my problem solved. You can also try this trick and check what result is.

Thank you for helping me. After running the SFC scan I get application store back but I am still not able to open PC setting. What should I do to solve PC setting issue? Is there any other way to refresh PC setting in windows 8. If anyone have solution for this then let me know.

To solve account setting problem you have first click on the Account icon and after clicking on the Account icon you have to select option called change account picture. After clicking on the account picture icon you have to look for the General option under the PC setting which you will find on the left side. Now after that you will see refrest your PC option and you have to click on that. Now after clicking on that option you have to select get started option. After refreshing your PC you have to check whether you are able to open PC setting in windows 8 or not? According to me by refreshing PC you will enable to solve this problem.

Yes from the accounts icon you can get option to refresh PC in windows 8. I was also not able to open PC setting and then I have refresh the PC by going in to the Account icon and then PC setting and then my problem get solved.