Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to add mail account by using POP or IMAP on Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

Operating Systems

Old 16-03-2012

How to add mail account by using POP or IMAP on Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

Well recently I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my computer. how can I add a mail account by using POP or IMAP protocols? If you know anything about the same then let me know as early as possible. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 16-03-2012

Re: How to add mail account by using POP or IMAP on Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

I let you know that Mail preview is having support for e-mail services which are using Exchange ActiveSync including Hotmail and Gmail. So far it is not having support for POP or IMAP. It is not using EAS.
Old 16-03-2012

If you wanted to add an account on Mail app then you can perform a below mentioned steps.
  • You have to use Charm bar in order to add account. You can simply add an account by pressing WinKey + I from the keyboard at the time of viewing the mail app.
  • You have to click on Accounts and then go for Add an account on the Charm bar.
Old 16-03-2012

Yes I do agree that you will be able to connect with Hotmail, Gmail and Exchange accounts but you won?t get support for POP and iMap as Windows 8 is of beta version. The Mail app introduced in windows 8 is based on Windows Live Mail.
However you can install Live Mail on windows 8 based computer.
Old 17-03-2012

People who are looking to have POP email accounts on Windows 8 mail app should perform bewlo mentioned thing.
You have to go for Hotmail/Live mail account which is working on new Mail app and click on Options and under that click on More Options.
Here you have to enable Hotmail/Live mail account in order to access POP account from the list.
You should check and confirm your account using a verification email which has been sent to POP account of yours.

Once you have done you will receive all the emails from that account to Hotmail/Live mail account.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,