Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-03-2012

drivers needed for Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I was recently with an installation of Windows 8 and I did had many attempts so that I was able to locate the drivers. It is still saying that drivers are still needed but in addition to this not able to identify which ones. Is there some kind of list or something by which or a cache of the drivers at Microsoft by which I can help my issue solved. Can you suggest some means in this case.
Old 16-03-2012

re: drivers needed for Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have some information which will really help you in your case. so as you are relating with the drivers, I need to tell you that other than the default drivers included with Windows 8 you will also require to make sure with your System Maker meaning an Motherboard Maker for custom systems as well as the individual device makers for drivers. And if you are not able to locate them in any means specific to Windows 8 then you will require to make an installation of the latest Windows 7 drivers that are offered.
Old 16-03-2012

According to me, If you are willing to have an Windows 8 drivers for your devices then, you need to put the pressure on where it will do the most excellent job , on the System as well as Device Makers. There is no possibility that Microsoft will tend to write drivers for the most and some quantity of different systems as well as device out there.
Old 16-03-2012

Quote:
According to me, If you are willing to have an Windows 8 drivers for your devices then, you need to put the pressure on where it will do the most excellent job , on the System as well as Device Makers. There is no possibility that Microsoft will tend to write drivers for the most and some quantity of different systems as well as device out there.
As discussed , I know and I better appreciate that Microsoft is not able to develop drivers for each and every device, but I am confused by something. The necessary display adaptor holds up 640x480, 800x600, in addition to 1024x768. They all tend to work really great on my previous ATI chipset but tell seriously that who makes use of such kind of 1024 in the rent technology.
Old 16-03-2012

As found from sources and other sites, it comes into view that it would be really simple to write video drivers for higher resolutions over the several platforms out there then someone would have by now done it. In addition s it not probable to have an update of the Microsoft Basic Display drivers as a result it at any rate supports a few more common resolutions, for example 1280x800, and so on
Old 16-03-2012

It has came to my notice that there are many developers who are tending to release Windows 8 drivers already. i.e.Intel, ATI/AMD as well as Nvidia and few more. How can I miss the Toshiba, Asus, as well as HP which have released a lot of them. though even those companies are not tending to write drivers for all the legacy devices.it has also came in view that there were issues for a lot of making use of the Developer Preview with the Slate 7. And in result some were able to resolve them with BIOS and additional updates though some are still facing problems.
Old 16-03-2012

I can well appreciate that it is very hard as well as resource consuming to provide these drivers. I as well appreciate that there are many people with legacy devices who will not compensate money for Windows 8 if superior drivers are not obtainable, whether they come from 3rd party or else from the side of Microsoft.
Old 17-03-2012

Re: drivers needed for Windows 8 Consumer Preview

To tell something about the Windows Driver Kit (WDK), it will tend to include the tools along with documentation you require to develop drivers. WDK 8 Consumer Preview is incorporated into Visual Studio in addition to offers approximately all of the tools you require for developing, building. It also serves some useful purposes of packaging, testing as well as debugging drivers.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,