Thread: Windows 8 Metro user interface freezes PC

Windows 8 Metro user interface freezes PC

When I start the windows then it shows me the Windows 8 Metro user interface and I select the desktop tile. After that when I roll down towards the left corner so that I can switch to the Metro UI then I found that the PC freezes and hangs the whole system for about one minute or more. Other than this, when I scroll the mouse over to clock (down right corner) then also it does the same thing. This shows the same thing when I exit the Metro UI tiles. I found my windows stable only when I am not making use of Metro UI. I have already tried by installing the windows again but that makes no difference. There was no such problem when I was using the windows 8 developers’ preview.

I am having the x64 bit version and have already tried with all the default solutions for this that I know but there is no difference and so I am posting this over here so that I can get some suggestion from you people. If anyone of you can provide me any helpful suggestion then I will be thankful to you.

Re: Windows 8 Metro user interface freezes PC

There is one temp workaround for this. So, if you are able to turn it off with the help of the charms bar and after that start that over again and this will do the quick boot and you will find that it boot in just 2 seconds. Once this is done then you will be able to access the hot corners over again without any problem.

There are a few chances that this can be related to the memory that you are facing this problem and if this is true then you can try by running chkdsk non your system and that will solve the problem for you. So try with this and let us know that if this is helpful to you or not.

Here are the steps that you have to follow in order to get this issue resolved.
    1. First, go to start page and type “advanced system settings”.
    2. After that select performance from there.
    3. Now choose visual settings.
    4. Just place the radio button so that you get the best performance.
    5. Restart the system and that will work.

If you want then you can also avoid the hot corner as well as shut down easily by typing "power" to the start page. When you do this then, select the select the apps and also change the power state for the computer. If you do this then it will show you the power option to the charm and as a result of this, you will be able to avoid hanging hot corner, if you restart the system. I am telling you this with confidence as I have tried this and this really works. I don’t think that there is any other solution for this issue. I hope that there will not be the issues like this when we get the final Windows 8 product. There are many of the other users as well who are getting the same problem so I hope it will be noticed by developers and will be resolved soon.

Have you tried by updating the graphic driver in your computer? If not then you must give a try to this and see if this can get you out of issue.

If you are having problem with the Windows 8 metro interface then you can simply disable that and it will solve the problem for you. See this for more information on this.