Thread: in Windows 8 Consumer Preview How to start in safe mode.

in Windows 8 Consumer Preview How to start in safe mode.

as after the release of Windows 8 Consumer Preview , I was interested in making some experiments as It was all new and as I have tried most of the operating system to experience them. And according to me, this can prove to be a good one , but I always prefer windows xp . But as I had query regarding the Windows 8 Consumer Preview , how I am able to start in safe mode . can you guys assist me.

Re: in Windows 8 Consumer Preview How to start in safe mode.

In this case , as I have tested this one and it came to me that by just pressing Shift+F8 previous to Windows 8 Consumer Preview starts booting.that can tend to solve your query. And by doing this , this might tend to open the same interface that was formerly set off by F8. I have tested this and it does tend to work on the Windows 8 Developer Preview. So you can make some attempts in this case.

In this case , as I have tested this one and it came to me that by just pressing Shift+F8 previous to Windows 8 Consumer Preview starts booting.that can tend to solve your query. And by doing this , this might tend to open the same interface that was formerly set off by F8. I have tested this and it does tend to work on the Windows 8 Developer Preview. So you can make some attempts in this case.

As found from some sources I have come to this point that there are some steps to be taken in order to solve your query. So you can start in the safe mode by enabling the feature in MSCONFIG:
    1. so initially , you need to Run MSCONFIG. This is done by running it with the Start screen, type MSCONFIG, and then by clicking MSCONFIG.
    2. you need to click the Boot tab then .
    3. you will be able to see Safe Boot box under Boot Options, make sure about the Safe Boot box.
    4. make a selection of the type of safe mode by selecting one of the alternatives below the Safe boot check box:

• Minimal. For normal safe mode.
    • Alternate Shell. For safe mode with a command prompt.
    • Network. For safe mode with networking.

After selecting the appropriate option , you need to click OK followed by restarting your PC.

You also need to take in mind that you'll require to undo it to get back to a normal startup and that you can also try with running msconfig.exe from safe mode by means of a command prompt. As it is well said and also well known by most of the users making use of windows 7 that pressing F8 or Shift+F8 during startup will tend to give you the alternative so that you are able to start in safe mode . but this is not the case as it did in previous versions of Windows. so as there are some changes made and If you are not able to enable safe mode through MSCONFIG, you may require to refresh the PC.

I will like to add more information which will indeed help you in your case. at present, the option to using the System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG) is by accessing the alternative on the new bootloader screen. Not sure if F8 activates it for single boot users however you can always make an attempt. If you are running Windows 8 CP on dual boot, then you will be able to observe the bootloader screen which will tend to ask you to make an choice which OS you need to open.as result , you need to perform the following things on that screen,

1) you need to have a click on the Change defaults or else select other alternatives link.

2) you also need to click on the select other alternatives command link.

3) following to this, click on the Troubleshoot command link.

4) you also need to have a click on the Advanced options command link.

5) You then will have the Windows Startup Settings link. Click on it.

6) finally you need to click on the Restart button.

If you wish to enter the advanced settings, you can do that by pressing escape just before the loading screen with fish is displayed. and from there you are able to enter safe mode through the advanced setting. I have also came into view that you might boot from the CP install media, on the install box that opens, you pay choose the Advanced/ Repair options rather than the Install alternative, and you need to go ahead with the a variety of repair alternatives till you have a cause to experience better.

I have found a simple solution which will help in your case and I need to tell you that you are able to do this by downloading the Windows Consumer Preview ISO and you need to mount it on a USB Pendrive by making use of the Microsoft USB/DVD Tool boot from the pendrive as well as make a choice for the recovery tools, from here select reset or refresh.

there are some possible ways in which you can enter the SAFE MODE. This might be quite helpful if your machine will not be able to start and allow access to MSCONFIG otherwise some of the other alternatives.
    It appears to work in an similar manner as booting with an iso image or else an pen drive. apart from that it appears to be faster. It will tend to take roughly some couple of minutes to get to SAFE MODE, but if you boot with a DVD that will consume some more time.

I have tried this and what appears according to me is as below.
    I first of all attempted to restart your machine and then hit CTRL-ALT-DEL before the FISH and this will tend to cause the machine to restart.once more you need to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL before the FISH. And I have allowed the machine boot this time. it will begin at PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR,followed by DIAGNOSE, along with in conclusion you will be with an ATTEMPTING REPAIRS.
    • Then you need to move in ADVANCED OPTIONS
    • Choose TROUBLESHOOT
    • Make some selection of the ADVANCED OPTIONS
    • Choose WINDOWS STARTUP SETTINGS
    • Finally RESTART

later after your Restart you will conclude with an window F8 used to produce.

I'm multi-booting along with went into Windows 7 as well as ran EasyBCD so that I was able to shorten the wording of the W8CP boot screen choice. So after this I was 'negated' the new W8CP boot screen along with returned to the known, conventional one, which perhaps does illustrate Safe Mode. To get F8 Mode, when the boot screen comes into view, highlight W8CP as well as press F8.

I'm multi-booting along with went into Windows 7 as well as ran EasyBCD so that I was able to shorten the wording of the W8CP boot screen choice. So after this I was 'negated' the new W8CP boot screen along with returned to the known, conventional one, which perhaps does illustrate Safe Mode. To get F8 Mode, when the boot screen comes into view, highlight W8CP as well as press F8.
    As you discussed earlier , you don't have to go to that extent so that you are able to get the classic Windows7 dual boot manager. Even making Windows7 as the default Operating System by making use of the Windows7's Control Panel\Startup and Recovery\Settings\Default Operating System will tend to disable the Consumer Preview boot manager. afterward, while booting, one can make use of F8 so that he is able to reach the Safe Mode.
    certainly, you are able to get back the graphic boot manager by making use of the same Control Panel settings while using Consumer Preview.

When you are not capable to start the Consumer Preview owing to an error which you would like to repair by getting into Safe Mode, for example in a dual boot scenario, it's not likely to get into Safe Mode by pressing Shift+F8,nad I will provide you with some means in which you are able to get into Safe Mode:

On the CP's Graphic Boot Manager, choose Change Defaults or else select other options, on the next screen you need to make an selection of the Choose other options, and then again the same process which was discussed earlier. So I need to tell you that this is an improvement over Windows Developer Preview, this alternative was absent in their Troubleshooting options.