Thread: Photos app of Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not showing photos from Facebook/Flickr account connected to Microsoft account

Photos app of Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not showing photos from Facebook/Flickr account connected to Microsoft account

I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview recently and the problem that I am facing now is that the Photos app of Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not showing photos from Facebook/Flickr account connected to Microsoft account, which I had done previously using windows live id, is there anyone who can help me in getting my photos appear in the Photos app???

Re: Photos app of Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not showing photos from Facebook/Flickr account connected to Microsoft account

I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview recently and the problem that I am facing now is that the Photos app of Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not showing photos from Facebook/Flickr account connected to Microsoft account, which I had done previously using windows live id, is there anyone who can help me in getting my photos appear in the Photos app???
    If you want to get photos from 3rd party services to the Photos app then you need to provide specific permission in order to access the content on those services and it should be done from the flow that appear in the app, if you might have connected to those services using some other app than you might have not the permissions required and you will have to connect to the same, so just check it out and then let me know if you are having the same case.

Re: Photos app of Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not showing photos from Facebook/Flickr account connected to Microsoft account

I completely agree to you for this, anyways you can just follow the below solution if the pictures from 3rd party apps are not appearing in the Photos application:
    • First open the Photos app and then select the tile for the service you are willing to connect and then just sign in into service you and then after filling the details click on connect and when you are welcomed with all the photos in one place.
    • After you are presented with “You’re ready to go window” then click on done.
    • When you are done with the above process then you will be navigated to Photos view and then in some minutes your content will start appearing in photo app.

So as to check out the right permissions just go to the manage services page and then under the service just click on the manage services page, if you are not having service in the list then you might have not get connected properly and you will have to repeat the above process again.
    If there is a checkbox saying "View your <ServiceName> photos and videos" then you are having all the required permission to check out the photos in the Photos app. Just try out the above solution and then let me know if you have any further issues.

Hey thanks for the same but then I have followed the above solution for setting up my flickr account but then I am still not able to get the flickr photos in the photos app. I have checked out and have verified the permissions as well and even after that I am not able to get the photos, is there anything else that I can try out to get it work???

As far as I can guess the above solution should work perfectly, anyways I have found one having similar issue as of you are facing and in his case there was something wrong with his Flickr account, the same solution had worked out for him after he had renewed his pro account, just check out the same and then let me know if you are having the same case, if not then I will like to know if there is any error that you got between this??? If yes then post the same here for further help.

I am having the same issue and I have followed the steps as it is without missing anything but then when I am opening the photo app and then clicking on the Facebook tile then the program is asking me to connect to the program and after that It goes according to the steps that has been mentioned above but then I don’t get any pictures and videos from the facebook, I have checked out with the messaging app as well and have got the same response. Other than this I have checked out the permissions and it is there. I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there any other way to do the same??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

In that case I just wanted to know the following things, so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing:
    1. How have you connected your account to the app?
    2. Were you having the account connected to Windows or it had asked you with a prompt for signing in?
    3. Are you able to see your email address when you are opening the app settings on the Photos app?
    4. If your system is behind proxy then check it out and make sure that it is correctly configured.

Just let me know about the above things for further help.

Can you just tell me which account you are using?? Is it live.com email? Or Office 365 or hotmail.com or some other domain account? I am asking so because I was facing the same issue with hotmail account but then later I just uninstalled the app and then reinstall it from the store again and see if it is fixing the issue or not, I had tried out the same solution when I was having same issue with hotmail and it had helped me out, so just give it a try and see if it is helping.

I am having a custom domain on Office 365 and I have tried uninstalling and clearing the services on my Live Account and have added the services again but then it is not making any difference, I will like to add that the same thing is working on windows 7 without any such issues, I don’t know what is wrong with windows 8, if anyone finds some other solution then the above ones then please post it here, it will be highly appreciated.