Thread: Getting "Error Code 0xd000005e " in Windows 8 Consumer Preview when switching to Microsoft account from a local account

Getting "Error Code 0xd000005e " in Windows 8 Consumer Preview when switching to Microsoft account from a local account

It has been a few weeks since I have downloaded Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I have learn't a no of features by now but then the problem that I am facing now is that when I am switching to Microsoft account from a local account then I am getting “Error Code 0xd000005e”, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out in getting rid of it???

Re: Getting "Error Code 0xd000005e " in Windows 8 Consumer Preview when switching to Microsoft account from a local account

It has been a few weeks since I have downloaded Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I have learn't a no of features by now but then the problem that I am facing now is that when I am switching to Microsoft account from a local account then I am getting “Error Code 0xd000005e”, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out in getting rid of it???
    If in the Networking configuration you are going through a proxy then you can try out the below solutions and see if it is helping:
    • First run CMD.exe and make sure that you are running the same as admin
    • After that enter the below command and make sure that you are hitting enter after each line:

C:\windows\system32>netsh
    netsh>winhttp
    netsh winhttp>import proxy source=ie

Other thing I wanted to share is that before trying out this solution, enter the proxy settings in Internet Explore, just try out the same and then post back the result that you get.

Re: Getting "Error Code 0xd000005e " in Windows 8 Consumer Preview when switching to Microsoft account from a local account

Even I was going to suggest the same anyways for all the user having this issue first go in to "Internet options" in IE and then click on the Connection tab in order to set up the Settings, in case of virtual machine do the same from Network settings, other than this also make sure that you are switching on the Proxy bypassing for local addresses and then there should not be any issue.

I am having the same issue, it is appearing after clicking on Finish, I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on a virtual machine in a Oracle VirtualBox and It says that the internet connection is "Limited", this is what I have found in the IE10 in my case:
    *** I have removed the Email address for privacy *** address
    Using Proxy

I think that there is something wrong with the date and time better check it out and make sure that it is in the below format:
    Win8 date+time = System date+time = real date+time
    When you are done with the same then just change the VM connection settings to NAT and then reboot he machine and after that you should not have any such issues.

I have tried doing the same but then it is not making any difference and the issue is still the same, is there any other thing that I can try out to solve this??? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

I have checked out for the same and I have found that this error basically occurs because of the proxy, in order to solve out the same just follow the step that has been mentioned below:
    • First open the internet explorer browser and after that if you are not able to browse completely
    • Then go in to classic desktop and launch internet explorer and then go in to Internet Settings and then fix out the proxy settings.
    • If that does not help then just try to change the dns settings to Google public dns settings and see if that helps.

Just try out these possible solutions and then post back the result that you get.

I have now tried doing the same and it is still not making any difference, I am really running out of ideas now is there any other workaround that I can try out, I really want to get rid of this error, isn’t there any effective solution to solve it out???

I don’t know why the above solutions are not working out for you, anyways just answer me the below questions so that I can have a better idea to find out if this is an issue with the network configuration or with the connected account:
    • Does your proxy need authentication?
    • Is your internet explorer having basic access to the internet?
    • Is your machine a non-domain using local account Or you are signing in to domain?

Just answer the above question for further help.