Thread: How to Disable Metro in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

How to Disable Metro in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

So I have installed this new operating system and I disappointed with some feature like Metro and just wanted to know is there any method to disable Metro in Windows 8 Consume Preview and bring back window 7 or windows XP start menu. I know to do this we should make lots of changes on the interface although I think Metro annoying so much. So can anyone suggest me how to disable Metro in Windows 8 Consume Preview? Thanks in advanceā€¦.

re: How to Disable Metro in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Just hover your mouse pointer into the bottom left corner and right click and after that make click on the search. Now here you will get the all application and setting. Now here you can also create new toolbar by right clicking on the bottom toolbar. Give path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Window s\WinX as contains groups of shortcuts and then save. Now save the all setting and your Metro disabled…

I have workaround on this issue and this helped me to solve it. Open windows registry editor by typing regedit on start screen and after that click on ok button. Now on the windows registry editor go through the below location:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    Now here change RPEnabled key to”0” instead of “1” This will disable the metro and if you want to re-enable metro just change the value back to a “1”.

Here is an application called MetroController and with this application you can disable the metro from this application. To do this first download the MetroController from below and after that Simply run the tool and select the appropriate option. Here screenshot of Options:
    Attached Files Attached Files

openxcellaus Guest

Re: How to Disable Metro in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have also installed it. It is awesome operating system and I have no problem about it. It has good feature, flexible and we can use very easily it. I have found is the content and structure of metro, as provided to the general user, is very poor.
    Last edited by openxcellaus; 24-03-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticod View Post
    Here is an application called MetroController and with this application you can disable the metro from this application. To do this first download the MetroController from below and after that Simply run the tool and select the appropriate option. Here screenshot of Options:
    This doesnt work @ my installation, is anyone having any look with this?

Quote Originally Posted by madweeser View Post
    This doesnt work @ my installation, is anyone having any look with this?
    Just wanted to know that what you meant by it is not working?? are you getting any error message and so? what is the problem that you are facing with the above solution.