Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-03-2012

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Facebook app stays ?Connecting..? and fails to sign in

I have recently bought Windows 8 Consumer Preview and everything Is working fine but then the only problem that I am facing is that when I am clicking on the Facebook app and entering username and password then it is just saying ?Connecting...? and failing to sign in, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???
Old 15-03-2012

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview Facebook app stays ?Connecting..? and fails to sign in

Quote:
I have recently bought Windows 8 Consumer Preview and everything Is working fine but then the only problem that I am facing is that when I am clicking on the Facebook app and entering username and password then it is just saying ?Connecting...? and failing to sign in, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???
I have checked about the same and I have found one mentioning that this has been a common issue with a no of people and to get it working you can try to switch away from the Messaging App for a minute and then switch back to the same and after that it will sign you automatically, I am not very sure about this workaround but then you can just give it a try and find it out if it is helping or not, just try out the same and post back the result hat you get.
Old 15-03-2012

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview Facebook app stays ?Connecting..? and fails to sign in

I have tried out the same and it is just not making any difference and it is still showing the same connecting thing and then fails after a time, I have waited for a long time rather than waiting for a single minute as well. Anyways I also wanted to know that how can I sign out from the people?s app rather than just deleting it from the start menu? Do you have an idea about the same??
Old 15-03-2012

As far as closing the app is concerned the app that opens in the desktop can be closed by clicking on the Close button and for the other apps you can follow the below solution:
  • First just swipe down from the top edge of the touch screen from all the way to bottom using the mouse and then just move the cursor to the top-left corner, and when you get all the suspended apps then just slide the cursor down and then go to the app that you are willing to choose and then right click on the same and then chose the Close option.
If the above method does not work out for you well then you can just kill it using the task manager as one can do in windows 7 and xp, you can also use Alt+F4 for the same.
Old 18-03-2012

Even I need some help regarding the same and it is that the Messaging app in my case keeps saying that ?Microsoft is Unavailable? and shows me offline as well but then it shows that I am connected to live and facebook in the below right corner. I have found that the updates get pushed properly in the people's app but then all the contacts appear to be offline including me as well, I don?t know what is the issue all about, is there any settings that I have to change, I am not very sure since it is very new, any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,