Thread: In Windows vista How to turn off system restore which is turned on in D drive?

In Windows vista How to turn off system restore which is turned on in D drive?

I have checked out that my system restore in turned on in my local drive D. when I restore the system then both the drives is restored. I want to turn this off. If I clear all the restore points then will it affect the recovery point that installed at the time of purchase? The main reason is that I want memory space. My D drive seems to be full. I don’t know which one to restore drive C or D. Please help me to solve these issue?

Re: In Windows vista How to turn off system restore which is turned on in D drive?

The system restore option is only put on that folder that contains the items that you want when restoring in a problem. If you want to reduce the amount of space by using System restore –disk space. Vista allocates 15% as by default of the selected hard drive to store after installation. You can undo the change in the system restore. First go to start then all programs then select accessories. Then click on system tools and then select system restore. If you are prompted by an administration password the definitely it will ask that. Then click on undo system restore then click on next. At last have a review and select the finish tab.

Re: In Windows vista How to turn off system restore which is turned on in D drive?

I know how to enable and disable system restore.
    1) First open the control panel.
    2) Control panel (in classic view) then select system icon.
    3) Then select the advanced system setting link. It will be on upper left corner.
    4) Then click on the continue tab if prompted by UAC.
    5) Then select the system protection tab
    6) The final step to enable the system restore is by checking the available disk to create the restore points.
    7) You can disable it by uncheck any available disk .then there will be pop up window there click on turn system restore off.

See if your D drive memory is full you can do the disk clean up instead. It will be a great help for you to reduce some space in the selected drive. For disk clean up go to all programs then accessories then select the system tool folder. There you will find disk clean up. You can choose whether you want the disk clean in your account or all user account. Then select which drive you want to run the clean up. Then start the clean up. It will take some time. Check the items you wanted to delete. In the end just click on OK.