Thread: How to get sound from speaker using microphone in Windows vista?

How to get sound from speaker using microphone in Windows vista?

I have a PC at home. I use the PC daily for my business purpose and for some entertainment. I am using Windows vista as my system. does any one know how get sound from speaker while using the microphone. Would someone like to help?

Re: How to get sound from speaker using microphone in Windows vista?

I can understand what you are trying to tell. You want to listen to the sounds as well as you want to attach the microphone. I am already using it. I have a Realtek in my system. If yours audio manager is the same then in the control panel select sound, speech and audio device. There will be sound and audio device select that. Then in side sound check the microphone jack. Check that it is enabled which is inside the recording tab and speakers checked in the playback tab.

In some case it does automatically. First inside system tray right click on the speaker symbol. Then select the audio adjust properties. Then check the input device is set to the microphone jack. Then you have to select the speaker symbol again and then open the volume control and set the microphone volume to high and it is not muted. Then go to the recording device and then select the one you want to listen through the headphones. Right click then properties then go to the listen tab and check the box that says listen to the device.

You can use the line in connection on your sound card to connect a portable music player or the microphone. The line in connection is mute by default. To enable it follow these steps:
    1)
    First select control panel then go to hardware and sound after that click on sound.
    2) Then you have to select the playback tab, then select speakers and then click on its properties.
    3) Then you will get three options i.e. general, level and advanced. Select the level tab.
    4) There you will find the microphone tab increase the value.