Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Enable access to computer through registry

Operating Systems

Old 09-03-2012

Enable access to computer through registry

Can anyone help?

I have a wireless media streaming device on my network that streams from my computer. In order to allow it access to my computer, months ago, i found a guide that helped me edit my registry so it could log in without an account. I had to reset my OS and now cannot remember what registry values i had changed to allow this box access to my computer.

Is this even possible or have i got confused about how i managed to allow the media box access?

Old 10-03-2012

Re: Enable access to computer through registry

Follow the below steps and see if it helps:
  1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.
  2. If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button in the upper-right corner of the Player.
  3. Click Stream, and then click Turn on home media streaming.
  4. Turn on home media streaming won't be available on the Stream menu if streaming is already turned on.
  5. On the Media streaming options page, click Turn on media streaming. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  6. Click OK.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,