Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to see JPG file in Windows XP explorer.

Operating Systems

Old 09-03-2012

Unable to see JPG file in Windows XP explorer.

Hi guys, I recently purchased the Xperia Ray. Actually the problem is that when I connect the phone to my pc using USB I can see the files but it put up in the form of graphics instead of thumbnails. I am unable to see the thumbnails in explorer. So can anyone tell me what is the problem behind this and how can I solve it?

Old 09-03-2012

Re: Unable to see JPG file in Windows XP explorer.

Hey dude, I have gone through your problem. Actually when you connect your phone to pc at that time you would be in Media transfer protocol (MTP) mode. If you want to full control on your memory card I would suggest you connect your phone in mass storage class mode (MSC). When you will connect your phone in this mode then you will able to see thumbnails. If you want to change the mode I would suggest you follow this path. First of all pull down the notification menu and then click on the notification about MTP connection and then you will see option i.e. switch to MSC mode. The difference between those modes is that with the help of MSC you can manage your card like removable drive. One more thing i.e. disadvantage of this is that you phone cannot access anymore because you will in full control of PC.
Old 09-03-2012

Re: Unable to see JPG file in Windows XP explorer.

Yes, I am completely satisfied with your statement. I would recommend you use above one. If still you are not able to solve it try this one. Whenever you open your window in the top of the window you will see the menu i.e. view. Just click on view and after that ?Thumbnails?.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,