Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012

Can't log on to MacBook Pro

Hi there,

I have a problem. I have recently purchased a MacBook Pro with a MacOS X operating system. I must say that I am pretty unfamiliar with Apple computers and am still getting used to this new computer.

The problem that I have is that I have set up a user password protection but have recently forgotten what my password is. Is there a way for me to retrieve the password or actually log on to the computer by circumventing password protection?

I appreciate the help.
Old 08-03-2012

Re: Can't log on to MacBook Pro

You can follow the steps to reset a password when there is only one administrator account on the computer, or if the original administrator account needs a password reset in this link. "Original" administrator account refers to the one that was created immediately after installing Mac OS X. If the original administrator password is known, that administrator account may be used to reset the passwords of other administrator accounts using the steps described above

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,