Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Migrating user Accounts

Operating Systems

Old 06-03-2012

Migrating user Accounts

Hi All

Just joined the forum and I am wondering if you can help. We have a project coming up where we need to migrate users from current domain (2003) to new domain (2008) So I am currently testing.

We need user profiles (desktop, icons outlook settings ect to be there when they log on to the new domain)

I have a test enviroment setup and have tried migrating an account to the new domain following the steps below.

1. Migrate users (2 test users) to new domain
2. Migrate computer accounts
3. Change membership of computers in my computer (windows xp)

Yet when I logon it creates a brand new profile and the SID is different in AD.
Before anyone says, yes I have SID filtering on.

Any ideas of what im missing off?

Kamikaze_worm

Old 07-03-2012

Re: Migrating user Accounts

You can use ldifde, unfortunal with the disadvantage that not all attributes are copied. Try it on a test system to see if you can live with the limited functionality:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555636

Also refer to some similar threads here - Migrate users from Existing Windows 2003 Domain to new 2008 Domain
Old 07-03-2012

Re: Migrating user Accounts

Thanks for reply. I have sucessfully migrated the user account and computer but its the profile thats not working. As soon as I migrate the user to the new domain and log on with there account it creates a new profile.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,