Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012

HDD Protection - Toshiba driver deleted

I was trying to upgrade my Toshiba laptop from Vista to Windows 7. To do this, I needed to uninstall Toshiba's HDD Protection software and delete the thpdrv.sys driver. [I didn't see the advice in the HDD Protection Uninstall thread until it was too late.... Toshiba HDD Protection Uninstall for Windows 7

Once I deleted the driver, the laptop doesn't boot and goes straight to the BSOD. I can stop the loop and get to a DOS screen. I need to get ahold of the thpdrv.sys driver to copy it back to the System32 driver folder. This (I think) will stop the BSOD loop and get me back to at least running Vista.

Can anyone help? I've tried going to Toshiba's Support pages for the driver, but can't find it.
Old 06-03-2012

Re: HDD Protection - Toshiba driver deleted

If you can boot in safe mode then, try to uninstall the current HDD protection system, then download and install the one from the Toshiba website. See if that fixes the corruption that Pauly identified. You can download the Toshiba HDD Protection for Windows Vista / 7 (32bit) from here. Hope that helps you out.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,