Thread: My Windows 8 developer preview does not detect iphone and ipod

My Windows 8 developer preview does not detect iphone and ipod

I am running Windows 8 Developer preview and only Itunes is not working properly on it. When I plug in my iphone or ipod touch in my computer then it will only charge and it will not be detected by iTunes. So can anyone tell me what do I have to to do make this devies to be recognized in Windows 8. I have tested it on another computer with Windows 7 and it is running fine? Any ideas

Re: My Windows 8 developer preview does not detect iphone and ipod

Since Windows 8 is a new operating system so there wont be any compatible driver to support your iphone or ipod on it. When Apple will release a new version of iTunes which will be compatible with this operating system then only this devices will start to work in the system. Otherwise, just wait for the final release of the OS which might have support for the Apple devices in the coming days or so.

Re: My Windows 8 developer preview does not detect iphone and ipod

After a long research I finally found a solution for this problem. You need to press Windows+R key on your keyboard. After that type services.msc and press Enter. You need to search for Apple Mobile Device from the given list and then stop it. Just ensure that itunes is close before stopping this service. Now connect your iphone or ipod and then wait for the charging to start. After that start Apple Mobile Device service again and then open itunes which should detect your device now.

Can you try to install itunes in compatability mode and then check if it can recognize your devices. To do that right click on iTunesSetup.exe and then click on Properties. After that go to Compatibility tab and the put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Also, put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.