Thread: HP DV6000 (windows 7) CD drive is not shown in My computer and DM

HP DV6000 (windows 7) CD drive is not shown in My computer and DM

I am having HP DV6000 CD which is running on windows 7 and the problem that I am facing is that the bios is able to detect the CD drive but then I don’t know what is wrong with the windows 7, it seems to be some kind of driver issue, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out??

Re: HP DV6000 (windows 7) CD drive is not shown in My computer and DM

I am having HP DV6000 CD which is running on windows 7 and the problem that I am facing is that the bios is able to detect the CD drive but then I don’t know what is wrong with the windows 7, it seems to be some kind of driver issue, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just want you to try out Deleting and resetting the uperfilters and lower filters and see if it is making any difference or not, other than this also let me know the solutions that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be a waste of time, just try it out and then post back the result that you get.

I have tried Deleting and resetting the uperfilters and lower filters as well but then it is not making any difference and other than this I have also tried reinstalling the windows 7 drivers and when it did not helped then I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 and windows vista as well and even it did not helped, is there anything I can try out the same to solve this issue???

There are possibilities that there might be some corrupted files on the system, so just download and then install a free program called Speccy Installer and see if it is able to find out any such errors, if it does than just run it a couple of times again so that it does not miss anything and repair any integrity violations that will be found but then if the speccy is not able to see the cd drive then you might be having a bad connection or say faulty hardware, anyways just check out the Speccy and then post back the result hat you get.

Thanks for the same but then now I have tried out the Speccy as well but then it is not helping, I also wanted to add that how can there be a bad connection or say faulty hardware if it is getting detected by the bios???? Is there anything that I can try out or I should better contact some service person to solve out this issue???

I was having the same issue and was trying out a no of solution but none of them helped and later I got the drivers for the chipset Devices from HP website and then the issue was solved but then make sure that you are not allowing the system from updating these drivers as there are possibilities that you will face the same issue again: