Thread: How to install Windows 7 via native UEFI mode from pen drive

How to install Windows 7 via native UEFI mode from pen drive

I have recnetly bought a new SSD and I am looking to install Windows 7 on it. I am looking for a wat to install Windows 7 via native UEFI mode from a pen drive. So I formatted the flash drive to Fat32 and then copied the Windows 7 ISO contents to it. After that I copied the /efi/microsoft/boot to /efi/boot and when I restart to enter boot menu and choose USB drive in the UEFI boot menu list but after selecting the usb drive once I restart then it hangs on the Starting Windows screen. So can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

re: How to install Windows 7 via native UEFI mode from pen drive

You can easily make a bootable UEFI usb drive by using software called Rufus. First download latest version of Rufus and save its exe file to your desktop. Plug in Usb drive and then run rufus file and click on Yes if prompted by UAC. You will need to note down this latest version number lik this ### =. Change some settings in Rufus, like go to device and then choose Usb drive you want to format and use it. Then go to Partition scheme and target system type, choose GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer. Change file system to Fat32 and go to Cluster size and choose Default 16 kilobytes or 4096 bytes it has listed. Choose a Quick format and then check Create a bootable disk using and also checck Create extended label and icon files. You can now enter any name you like for the usb drive under New volume control or leave the default one. Once ready click on start. The program will start to create the bootable UEFI USB flash drive. After it is done you can install Windows 7 using UEFI with your bootable UEFI Usb flash drive.

re: How to install Windows 7 via native UEFI mode from pen drive

When you are starting the installation then you should make sure to start your usb drive in UEFI mode. Like for instance, if you want to boot in Uefi mode using the dvd drive then you should select a command called UEFI:HL-DT-. At the time of Windows installation process you wont see any difference to the normal installation of Windows with the exception that boot partitions might be more than 2TB in UEFI mode.

Once you have successfully done the installation of Windows in your pc, then you can verify that Windows is installed in uefi mode. You can try to check in the BIOS or using the command prompt tool, Diskpart. If this usfi installation is successful then you can find the enttry Windows Boot Manager in the boot options prorities of your BIOS.