Thread: Getting error that there is no enough space for running Recovery

Getting error that there is no enough space for running Recovery

I want some answer for the issue I am facing. First I have a old laptop which I have to restore. I had upgraded to SSD. I tried to run a restoration with the backup partition and getting a error that there is no space to run recovery. I had not encounter this issue before. What does the error means. Anyhow the recovery partition has a prescribed amount of space which is never touched. Other than this when I run the recovery it will overwrite everything. What does this space refers to. I do not want to loose my data. I had created a separate partition and kept everything in that. What should I do now. I am using a Lenovo laptop.

Re: Getting error that there is no enough space for running Recovery

The best way to deal with this issue is running a recovery with the help of recovery disc. The laptop which you are taking about will provide you to create a image restore disc. This disc let you to run recovery with the help of bootable media. Try that.

I am not sure about the issue, but that refers to some kind of hard drive stuff. Try to merge the partition. Can you run the bios with recovery key on boot that is by pressing F11 or something. Because that will run recovery from dos mode and you do not need to play with settings from Windows. To restore the backup just ensure that you have Lenovo R&R installed on your system. This is a kind of rescue environment used the recovery thing to run the process. You can try to create a bootqable usb disc for this process also which will help you to restore your operating system. Remember that you must backup anything on a removable media. Use a pen drive or disc whichever suits. There can be data loss on running restoration.

If your system is working fine right now then you can create a image file using Norton Ghost. Personally I prefer to generate the image on the hard drive and burn DVD with Nero. Strongly advised to record the image on DVD, because it will avail nothing if in a partition on a disk that cannot access. After restoring this copy what I do is re-upgrade the system and antivirus and re-create an image that replaces the previous one.

Disk space error appears when the recovery procedure is not able to restore your old mbr. This is the factory settings which comes with the l aptop. It is same like removing everything and getting back whatever you got at the time of purcahse. You had mentioned you had upgraded a ssd. Did you removed the old drive or it is still present. Or you had added a additional ssd. I am really confused here. Because your issue is not really related to the SSD upgrade.

Personally I do not think it's a good idea to create an image to safeguard data. Although the procedure will take some time, not going to do every day (even every month), so run the risk of losing documents between each image. To safeguard important documents it is best to use a program that creates a backup of the folders you want with appropriate frequency. I make a daily copy with Cobian Back Up.

The image file itself occupies much space, and should be saved to disk or partition other than that which has been generated as to restore it completely rewrite the target partition. If possible, it is advisable to be on a separate physical disk for the system we use to prevent it ran out in case you can not access the disk. Before creating an image we set a number of basic options of the program. I agree to these options through the main interface of Norton System Works.

Create a boot disk. That will work. Many laptops comes with utilities that allows you to create image files of current settings. Do that and run the recovery from cd.