Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2012

Windows 8 beta vs. Windows 8 consumer preview

I just don?t understand what is the difference between a beta version as well as the consumer preview that?s what I am not understanding at all. Well as far as I know they are the versions which are released before the actual release of any software. So what is the difference in calling a product a consumer preview as well as beta version? What?s the difference that?s what I want to know? Can you all tell me.
Old 28-02-2012

Re: Windows 8 beta vs. Windows 8 consumer preview

Yes you are right there is no major difference in both of them but the thing is that beta version are made available only for the limited users, like a group of technicians for the testing purpose while consumer preview is made available for all the consumers who wants to get a hand on that. So that?s the difference and nothing else.
Old 28-02-2012

question Re: Windows 8 beta vs. Windows 8 consumer preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSITA View Post
Yes you are right there is no major difference in both of them but the thing is that beta version are made available only for the limited users, like a group of technicians for the testing purpose while consumer preview is made available for all the consumers who wants to get a hand on that. So that?s the difference and nothing else.
So what?s the use making it available for the general public even before the release? Also do you all think the testing will be effective enough? I mean what does Microsoft benefit from that? I simply don?t understand that?
Old 28-02-2012

Re: Windows 8 beta vs. Windows 8 consumer preview

You know if they show it to the normal consumers. They will get a better idea about the product and also the chances of good testing would be much in this, so that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did got what I am saying here. one more benefit is that people can have a look at the product and can understand how it is before the final version comes up.

Learn more about this new OS: Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta)

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,