Thread: What does Windows 8 consumer preview mean?

What does Windows 8 consumer preview mean?

I just don’t understand why have they kept the product name as consumer preview before that there was a developer preview. I mean why do they release such versions in the market and what is the purpose? That’s what I am not understanding at all. So will you all make me understand something about it. it would be better.

Re: What does Windows 8 consumer preview mean?

See whenever a new product is released the manufacturers do release it for testing, they can’t release the new product directly In the market. Since some testing has to be done for the products, so they release it for the general public to check how the product is and given their feedback. Now depending upon the feedback the manufacturers makes some changes in their products.

Learn more about this new OS: Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyI View Post
    See whenever a new product is released the manufacturers do release it for testing, they can’t release the new product directly In the market. Since some testing has to be done for the products, so they release it for the general public to check how the product is and given their feedback. Now depending upon the feedback the manufacturers makes some changes in their products.
    Well they were called as alpha versions and beta versions then why are they called as consumer preview and developers preview now? Why the sudden change in the naming?

Well the beta version was limited to test only for the Windows testers, professional IT players and enthusiasts. Now it is being made available for all the consumers who are willing to have a glimpse of this new operating system and this in turn would be benefiting the Microsoft only because Microsoft will gain vital feedback about the new features and opinions of its consumers. So making it available for the general public before launching and testing it from the consumers is far better then the limited beta testing. So hope you did understand what I am trying to say here.

cool Re: What does Windows 8 consumer preview mean?

Two benefits of having the Windows 8 Consumer preview. So first is that the new version is the preview and not the test version. Plus it is being made available for the general public. So all the users can get a first hand experience in it. with the consumer preview both will be benefiting one is the consumer and the other is Microsoft.