Thread: GRUB is getting freeze after installing Knoppix on hard disk

GRUB is getting freeze after installing Knoppix on hard disk

I have installed Knoppix on my computer without having much trouble. After that my computer rebooted and there was GRUB word written on the screen and got never ending beep as well. Computer is getting freezd. Any help to resolve the matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: GRUB is getting freeze after installing Knoppix on hard disk

Knoppix is has been developed for demonstration and rescue tool. They have not designed to use the same on hard disk. I know it is possible to do the same but I recommend that you should download and install other distro on your system.

Well I already tried to install CentOS on my computer . but it did not worked for me since my computer was not having the enough amount of RAM as it is needed for the modern distros requires graphical desktop environment. I followed the instruction for the removing of all the partition on installer and it created 3 partition which are Linux swap, ext2 and r. I am sure about to said that installing the grub to MBR and after that install process was completed.

After learning the entire thing I recommend that you should simply run Puppy Linux. It is same as live cd distro but it is small in terms of size. However I am not happy with the package manager. However I am not aware about the latest version but lucid puppy 5.2 was quite good. I am only having much experience about knoppix. But you can try with knoppix 6.5.

If you are having limited hardware resources then you should get antiX or Mepis. Puppy is supposed to be other option for the same.

Whatever distros you are supposed to install on your computer then you should be having an option which will allow you to install Grub and MBR. There could be several reasons which might be causing long beeps on your system. such there could be lots of dust on chip or RAM might not be seated. So you should open the cabinet and have look on the thing which I have stated over here.