Thread: How to find Partition Editor in Debian Linux

How to find Partition Editor in Debian Linux

I have heard the Debian Linux already included a good and handy partition editor but I could not able to find it anywhere. Do you think that partition editor inclusive within synaptic package? If not, then where should I download it? I am using the Debian live.

Re: How to find Partition Editor in Debian Linux

GParted (Gnome Partition Editor) is a free software with which you can partition the HDD. With GParted you can create, resize, move, copy, monitor and delete individual partitions. GParted is a graphical front-end software Parted.

Are you sure that you are using the Debian Live CD? If so, then you can find the partition editor under System tab> Administration. However if you have installed the Debian, you will not get the GParted directly because it is not installed by default. In my case, I don’t really use the Debian. Also it is not a good idea to use the partition editor and modify on the running system. If you can’t find one then you probably need to download it.

There is a Debian LiveCD, which incorporates GParted. GParted is available in other LiveCD distributions, as Parted Magic, which is present along with other tools, or Knoppix , Linux LiveCD distribution based on Debian. To be able to use GParted you can then download GParted Live, Parted Magic or Knoppix and burn the ISO to a CD. Then you insert the CD into the player and you restart the PC.

For Debian and derivatives such as Ubuntu, we have a package called ntfsprogs that we can work with NTFS.
    Installation:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
    You should check that the partition is error, for this we will use the following command:
    Code:
    ntfsfix sudo / dev / (partition)
    Once this is done we just have to install gparted (sudo apt-get install gparted) or another editor to put your hard drive as you want, remember to unmount the partition before, these things always with caution.

With Disk Manager everything related to the partitions in Linux is extremely simplified. No need to edit / etc / fstab, now we can do it all graphically. On startup, the program searches for any partition that has not been set and displays to easily configure (manually or automatically). Enable ntfs-3g to write to NTFS (if installed), mount and unmount partitions, add, delete and edit partitions, view information about partitions ... and all changes are saved to a log. There is a deb package compiled for Ubuntu Feisty, so installation is as simple as download and double click it.