Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-02-2012

How to find Partition Editor in Debian Linux

I have heard the Debian Linux already included a good and handy partition editor but I could not able to find it anywhere. Do you think that partition editor inclusive within synaptic package? If not, then where should I download it? I am using the Debian live.
Old 26-02-2012

Re: How to find Partition Editor in Debian Linux

GParted (Gnome Partition Editor) is a free software with which you can partition the HDD. With GParted you can create, resize, move, copy, monitor and delete individual partitions. GParted is a graphical front-end software Parted.
Old 26-02-2012

Are you sure that you are using the Debian Live CD? If so, then you can find the partition editor under System tab> Administration. However if you have installed the Debian, you will not get the GParted directly because it is not installed by default. In my case, I don?t really use the Debian. Also it is not a good idea to use the partition editor and modify on the running system. If you can?t find one then you probably need to download it.
Old 26-02-2012

There is a Debian LiveCD, which incorporates GParted. GParted is available in other LiveCD distributions, as Parted Magic, which is present along with other tools, or Knoppix , Linux LiveCD distribution based on Debian. To be able to use GParted you can then download GParted Live, Parted Magic or Knoppix and burn the ISO to a CD. Then you insert the CD into the player and you restart the PC.
Old 26-02-2012

For Debian and derivatives such as Ubuntu, we have a package called ntfsprogs that we can work with NTFS.
Installation:
Code:
sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
You should check that the partition is error, for this we will use the following command:
Code:
ntfsfix sudo / dev / (partition)
Once this is done we just have to install gparted (sudo apt-get install gparted) or another editor to put your hard drive as you want, remember to unmount the partition before, these things always with caution.
Old 01-03-2012

With Disk Manager everything related to the partitions in Linux is extremely simplified. No need to edit / etc / fstab, now we can do it all graphically. On startup, the program searches for any partition that has not been set and displays to easily configure (manually or automatically). Enable ntfs-3g to write to NTFS (if installed), mount and unmount partitions, add, delete and edit partitions, view information about partitions ... and all changes are saved to a log. There is a deb package compiled for Ubuntu Feisty, so installation is as simple as download and double click it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,