Thread: WIndows 7 System Update is failing with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system"

WIndows 7 System Update is failing with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system"

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and I have made a clean installation of Windows 7 but then when I am trying to update I am getting an error message saying "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system on the System Update Server. Please contact the Support Center". I don’t have much idea about the same is there anyone who can help me out???

Re: WIndows 7 System Update is failing with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system"

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and I have made a clean installation of Windows 7 but then when I am trying to update I am getting an error message saying "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system on the System Update Server. Please contact the Support Center". I don’t have much idea about the same is there anyone who can help me out???
    I am facing the same issue with Windows 7 x64 image on Lenovo ThinkPad T410, actually I ad got the error before the ghost image but then I was able to solve it out by uninstalling the System update and then installing v4.01 and then it was working fine but then later when I Re-imaged laptop with same image today then I again got the same error, I have contacted the Lenovo Technical Support and they said that there is nothing wrong from my machine but then it is from their server, so I am just waiting now.

Re: WIndows 7 System Update is failing with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system"

I don’t know why you both are facing this issue, just wanted to know if you have been trying to use ThinkVantage System Update or what??? I think that you can visit the below link and then try to update the system from there and see if you are able to update it successfully, just try it out and then post back the result that you get.

Thanks for the same but then I have tried out uninstalling System Update and reinstalling current version from the above site and I am still getting the same error message, even I doubt that there is something wrong from their side and not ours, Other than I also wanted to share that this is happening with ThinkVantage System Update as well as with fresh off a factory OS restore, I really hope that the Lenovo guys solve this out soon.

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the following:
    1. Is your internet connection via proxy server?
    2. What happens when you wait for wait 24 hours and try the update again?
    3. Have you tried connecting via some other direct connection and so?

If it is proxy server in your case then I will like to inform you that some of the proxy servers do caching of static web content and this avoid the TVSU in order to get the current catalog and that’s the reason you get that error message.

I will answer you in the same way:
    1. My internet connecting is not through a proxy server
    2. I have tried waiting for 24 hrs and then starting the update again but then I am still got the same error.
    3. I have tried connecting via some other direct connection as well and have got the same response.

Is there anything else that I can try out???

I have been looking out after a solution for the same and now I have found that the older versions of TVSU is not able to find out the updates anymore as it has been switched to new infrastructure, anyways you all can get the latest TVSU from the below and then try to install it and see if it is helping:
    ThinkVantage System Update

I am having the same issue on my Thinkpad T510, 4313CTO which is running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, I was not having any issue with the version 4.01.0015. even I have deleting the existing System Update and then downloading and then installing the it from the link above and I made sure that I am rebooting the machine as well but then it really did not helped, is there any workaround that I can try??? Any help regarding this will appreciated.