Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-02-2012

BIOS setting to disable integrated video on Arch Linux

Right now I own a HP Compaq dc5850. The problem is there is no way I can disable the integrated graphics and there is no such option available in BIOS. The system is now running Arch Linux. I am looking forward to use the Video or graphics card but when I start the system, the screen turns in blank. I assume that it is due to graphics. If I take out the video card, then system works fine. Does anyone know any workaround or different settings to disable integrated video?
Old 26-02-2012

Re: BIOS setting to disable integrated video on Arch Linux

It is really strange to hear that your BIOS do not have the option to disable the integrated graphics. I don?t believe that. Did you check it properly? The option might be different in your case as I think.

Can you find out whether there is an option to change or switch to the Primary Video Adapter from Onboard to PCI inside the BIOS settings. ?
Old 01-03-2012

Re: BIOS setting to disable integrated video on Arch Linux

I don?t know that commands in Arch Linux but I do know that there should be way. As far as I know Arch was the only one binary distribution, which (except Debian SID) ever ran without even tinkering. It is easier to configure because it is kept simple from the ground up, this is a big advantage (but of course you have to get used to it). Arch has a huge selection that is more than slightly exceeded Debian.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,