Thread: Windows XP continually restarts at bootscreen due to Transformation Pack

Windows XP continually restarts at bootscreen due to Transformation Pack

Yesterday I have installed the Transformation Pack on my computer which was previously running Windows XP. Today the computer started restarting continuously. This happens at boot screen before logon screen. No matter what I do I cannot get to the Desktop. . The problem has started after installing the Transformation Pack. Now there is no way to uninstall the pack. I already did the CHKDSK but still no good. Even I tried booted in safe mode but no help.

Re: Windows XP continually restarts at bootscreen due to Transformation Pack

If you are really getting the issue, you have to do a system restore by the use of checkpoint. This way you can get rid of the issue. I think that you can do a system restore by going into the boot manager. Once you get into the system, run the registry cleaner in order to clean up the registry keys. Make sure that you are doing the system restore in safe mode. Once you clean up every mess, you can again try installing the Transformation Packs.

As far as I know that there are several third party Transformation Packs are available and free to download. These packs will customize the Windows Desktop environments and GUI with a different look or fresh look. For example if you are running a Windows Xp, a transformation pack can give you a look of Windows vista or Windows 7. Some Transformation Packs are very bad and they might alter or corrupt the registry entries causing the entire system to fail. So it is always strictly prohibited by installing it.

I also used the Vista Transformation Pack beforehand in my Windows XP. It was free add-on which is capable to change the visual elements of the OS and thus making it look like a fresh Windows vista. The problem of this Transformation Pack was, it could cause a significant drain on system memory and CPU or may be other resources, thus causing the entire system to slow down. It is really not acceptable.

Are you getting any kind of BSOD or some kind of error message before windows going to restart?

If the system does not show the Blue screen when it restarts, then don’t worry. It is just the default behavior of Windows XP causing the system not to tell the reason. If you really want to see the error message, then change the default behavior by right clicking on “My Computer> then Properties> Advanced” Tab> Startup and Recover”>“Settings” button. You will see a “System Failure” box and uncheck the “Automatically Restart”and click Ok.

Someone have already told that these third party Windows XP add-ons or Transformation Pack can cause or drain the system resources. May be it could be one of the reasons. If you are getting the hex code with the bluescreen before the restart, make a note of that hex code or capture the image of whole blue screen. Google the hexcode. You will find few troubleshooting guide regarding those which could help you a lot.

If your computer is really restarting continuously, then it is obviously the problem with Windows registry. If there are any Errors in the registry, it could lead to several problems like frequent restarts, freezing, and crashing or BSODs. This cannot be fixed manually. You need good software to fix the errors.

It seems to me that your antivirus software causing the system to restart and will not get you to the desktop. The Transformation Pack could have made several modifications on the Windows system files. So the antivirus might be detecting it as a rogue or malicious program and blocking at the startup. Some antivirus will scan the startup programs for the malicious process. If found one, it will automatically blocks, thus causing the system to restart.