Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Driver AFD.SYS in not loading properly and getting booting error

Operating Systems

Old 25-02-2012

Driver AFD.SYS in not loading properly and getting booting error

If I start my computer then it will simply hang at the microsoft loading screen. So, I have to boot up in safe mode and then restart my pc to get Windows desktop. I have already reinstalled all the drivers in my pc for lan and graphics card but still the problem persist. When I checked a boot log then I saw the main problem that is listed there states that "Did not load driver AFD.SYS". Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Old 25-02-2012

Re: Driver AFD.SYS in not loading properly and getting booting error

The AFD.SYS error that you are getting is a part of Winsock. It is used to provide access to the rest of the network stack for apps and different components of the operating system. If it is not there then mail clients and web browsers will not work. When you boot in safe mode then does the computer boot without any errors? Have you got the Vista DVD or is it an OEM OS that came preinstalled?
Old 25-02-2012

Try to perform a clean startup and see if that works. Follow the below steps and see if that works:
  1. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.
  2. Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
    Note The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.
  3. Click the Services tab.
  4. Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
  5. Click Disable All, and then click OK.
  6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
Old 27-02-2012

Will you be able to post some information about the boot log here? I am not quite sure that the failure to initialise afd.sys is by itself causing your boot problems. It seems to be more side effect than the real problem. Do you get any warnings as well or any errors in the system event log when you are getting one of these booting problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,