Thread: Debian Linux can use console but couldn't launch gui.

Debian Linux can use console but couldn't launch gui.

So as I tried this operating system and don’t know much about it, I want to inquire that whether it is possible possible to repair my debian/squeeze with a help of live dvd and/or setup dvd?the lone thing i am able to make use of is a console, and moreover , I am not able to launch gui, but the issue is i am able to remove packages . debian dvd and setup dvd debian are the only things with me. Can you give me some suggestions regarding this case.

Re: Debian Linux can use console but couldn't launch gui.

According to me, I found from some source and I would suggest you to reinstall the system as it is the easiest way to get on it. you can also make possible to repair it devoid of the DVD. But without knowing the modifications you made, the GUI-related pkgs might be deleted, and hence cause to unable to install pkgs with apt-get.

I have some more solutions in this case which will be quite helpful. though, if you can get online and wish for to give it a attempt, repairing the system is an alternative.
    If you need to test online access, you need to enter the code mentioned below.
    Code:
    sudo ping -c 4 www.debian.org
    and If you are getting a repeating response in some codes, then you can confirm that you have online access.

You need to answer some questions in order I can provide you with good response. Do you have online access when you are trying to boot to the console in Debian . for installing debian , did you made use of DVD you burned.

I am not acquainted with but my guess is that the root password, like the GUI, is not able to work since there was a change in something that was changed or else deleted.

You need to reboot your system. When the grub page demonstrates and the Debian system is highlighted, you need to hit the 'e' on the keyboard. It will tend to make some changes to a page where you are able to edit how the system boots.