Thread: After installing windows 7 in my system it says that it will set up for the first use

After installing windows 7 in my system it says that it will set up for the first use

I have no issues while installing the OS and the installation was done successfully, but then after the installation when started the system it said that it will setup for the first Use then it just restarted and then showed me with a Windows Error Recovery and the message say s that “Windows failed to start”.

What could be the reason for this issue? Right now I am running my system on a safe mode which has till now showed a normal behavior.

Re: After installing windows 7 in my system it says that it will set up for the first use

Just let me know other the DVD ROM drive and HDD, you have any other external storage devices connected to your system through the USB. Just give it a try, remove all the devices connected to the USB if any available then try out the installation process again and let me know the result.

Have you booted directly from a DVD/CD or you tried to launch the installer from another already installed Windows OS?

Re: After installing windows 7 in my system it says that it will set up for the first use

I am running a 80GB SATA HDD in my system with 4GB RAM AMD Athlon II X2 on an Asrock ALiveXFire, an ASUS ATI RAdeon 512MB g/card. Having this configuration even I am unable to run windows on my system. Even I am facing the exact same problem with those errors.

I have already tried reinstalling the OS which didn’t make any difference, not just this but I also tried to repair the installation disk but that tells me that there no such problem has been encountered or it cannot solve the problem. I am running my system as on the same safe mode. Is it the hardware problem of my system or there is something wrong with the disc.

No I guess the issue is not with the hardware. Even I believed the same; I thought that there is something wrong with the HDD so I just tried the installation using a 20GB IDE HDD, but still the same problem as above.
    Whenever I try out the Startup Repair I get the following error report:

• Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
    • 01: 6.1.7600.16385
    • 02: 6.1.7600.16385
    • 03: unknown
    • 04: 0
    • 05: ExternalMedia
    • 06: 1
    • 07: FailureDuringSetup
    • OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    • Locale ID: 1033

The problem may be due to the Data Execution Protection. I would suggest you to first try out booting in a Safe Mode, make sure that in order to get into the Safe Mode you tap F8 while booting up and then select Safe Mode. Most probably it won’t work as the computer has not been fully set up yet but then too just give it a try.

After getting into the safe mode:
    • Start Menu
    • All Programs
    • Accessories
    • Right click on Command Prompt
    • Select Run as Administrator
    • Now type in the following code: bcdedit.exe / set {current} nx AlwaysOff

If you receive a message saying “operation completed successfully”, exit the safe mode and then reboot into the normal mode and then make sure that at the end of the installation the system doesn’t restart.

Yeah if you certainly receive that above message and then no rebooting of your system takes place that means you have successfully fixed the issue. And once you have fixed this issue, log into your account and then follow the below steps:
    • Start
    • Right click on My Computer
    • Properties
    • Click "Advanced system settings”

After getting into the advanced system settings at the top left hand corner, there will be an option. Get into it and over there on the bottom of the list. Click on the default button that is selected, it should be under the performance section of the window. Now click on the tab present far away to the right side, over there go to Data Execution Prevention and see to it that the top option is checked, the option is “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only”.

With a simple and sweet reply I would like to let you know that surely you have got defective CD of windows 7 OS as even were doubtful about it. Due to this defected CD you were possibly unable to get a successful installation. It happens to lot of people, so that’s not a big deal. Sometimes windows installation CD comes up with some defects.

Is this the first time you are trying to install a windows OS in your system, I mean to say that is your machine is a brand new system without having installed OS software yet? If not then I would like to tell you that if you were able to install a windows OS successfully on to your machine before then definitely you should be able to the install this windows 7 even now in it without creating any problem.

Yeah you are right I haven’t been installed windows on my machine before. This is the first time I am trying to install windows 7 on my system, it’s a brand new system. At some point he HDD had a version of windows on it. not only the hard disk but also I checked out several other major hardware parts of my system like Motherboard, CPU, GPU and RAM on Microsoft and they were suppose to work smoothly with the OS I was trying to install i.e. windows 7 64bit.