Thread: How to use Electricsheep on Ubuntu?

How to use Electricsheep on Ubuntu?

I am new to the Electricsheep. I was just surfing on the web and found that the there is Electricsheep which is the abstract based screen saver and it makes use of the avi files. There was not much information given for this over there and so I thought I must post this over here. I will be thankful if you can provide me some information about this.

Re: How to use Electricsheep on Ubuntu?

Electric Sheep is a great graphic quality screensaver featuring full moving abstract images of color and shapes.
    Pros
    • Good quality of the images / animations
    • Various combinations
    • No configuration required

Cons
    • Shortly customizable

Electric Sheep is a free and open source screen saver which is in demand from thousands of users worldwide. The screensaver runs on different OS's like MacOSX, Windows and Linux. When the computer goes "sleep" the screen saver is activated, the screen saver makes contact with several servers that are scattered all over the world. These servers contain different abstract morphing animation programs, better known as "sheeps" that eventually your screen.

Every animation on the screen shows the user may be assessed by means of the keyboard. The popular "sheeps" are more often shown. It is even possible to own "sheep" design. This network-screensaver I downloaded and installed yesterday and I must say that the animation's really breathtaking. It took a while before the animation was downloaded over the network. The wait is rewarded, however.

Why are you enquiring about this so much. This is open source and if you are really interested about this then you can simply install and use that and see if this is helpful for you or not.