Thread: Does windows 8 given free for windows 7 licensed version holder

Does windows 8 given free for windows 7 licensed version holder

Windows 8 is on the edge of releasing. will be coming out in someday as it developer version is already been available, so I would like to known will it will be available for the person holding the genuine licensed version of Windows 7 like the earlier version windows 7 was made available for the people having the Windows Vista, they were allowed to free upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 by paying tiny amount. Can anyone here has any information regarding this I will be really be appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Does windows 8 given free for windows 7 licensed version holder

Yeah in my opinion I think this could be possible for upgrading the windows 7 to windows 8 for the negligible amount as compare to the cost of a new installation. But I am snot sure about this

If you know the Microsoft and if I am correct then the Microsoft never give anything for free the will charge for the new Windows 8 operating system

Yeah I am sure most of us here know that the Microsoft never give any thing for free but the question here is that will the upgrading is possible from windows 7 to windows 8 by paying the small price that the new pack

Well I think it will be very much possible , the upgrade version will be much cheaper that the one which available separately .

Quote Originally Posted by Iquau View Post
    If you know the Microsoft and if I am correct then the Microsoft never give anything for free the will charge for the new Windows 8 operating system
    The main question is that is it possible to upgrade to the windows 8 for the previous version in any way. I am not sure about this but as windows 8 is very much different from the windows 7 that I wonder that they will be able to upgrade

I think but I am not certain that the upgradation to windows 7 from the vista is that the many of the Microsoft users were consider the vista as a bad build so Microsoft allowed them to upgrade , but windows 7 is a good build and has no such problem like the windows vista so I think , the upgradation will not likely to possible

Well I believe to keep the previous costumer with them, Microsoft will probably will perhaps will make the upgradation available. I don’t know what is the difference that windows 8 and windows 7 has but I am sure that in comparison to the windows 7 , windows 8 will be more fast and lite . And I heard that he Google has there OS release named Google Chrome OS which is much lighter and fast than Microsoft's OS