Thread: Will a new iMac be offered a free OS X Mountain Lion update?

Will a new iMac be offered a free OS X Mountain Lion update?

I just got this new iMac and I am just wondering if apple people will be providing a free OS X Mountain Lion update to me? I think apple people should consider giving a free update to those who have recently brought the new mac devices. That’s what I am saying here, so what do you all think about it. Please update me about the same.

Re: Will a new iMac be offered a free OS X Mountain Lion update?

No it will not happen at all, a update will surely come and you will have to buy it for a mere $29. That’s it. The update is not available for free at all. I hope you did understand what I am saying here.

I have been hearing that apple might be setting up a refund program setup like they did for Lion. so in case if you did not like it then you will be getting the full money back, that’s what I got to see in one of the website. As far as the update is concerned then let me tell you that it will not be free at all. You will have to pay some money in order to get the update from mac app store. Like all the updates this one will also be charged.

l33t Re: Will a new iMac be offered a free OS X Mountain Lion update?

Quote Originally Posted by Adi.Das View Post
    I just got this new iMac and I am just wondering if apple people will be providing a free OS X Mountain Lion update to me? I think apple people should consider giving a free update to those who have recently brought the new mac devices. That’s what I am saying here, so what do you all think about it. Please update me about the same.
    I think so better it would be if you can ask this question with the apple support staff they are the best possible persons to answer it out for you. So you should go ahead and have a talk with them about the matter and they will answer it out for you.

you can visit this following link and you can get the developers preview from there. So if you want you can install it one of the partition of the iMac and load it from there in short you will get a brief description of what iMac is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitia View Post
    No it will not happen at all, a update will surely come and you will have to buy it for a mere $29. That’s it. The update is not available for free at all. I hope you did understand what I am saying here.
    Yes paying $30 is not a big task for me so I would be happy to go with the update once it is available and I did not knew about the money back program implemented by apple. Thanks for informing me.