Thread: Is Mac OS X Lion necessary before installing OS X Mountain Lion?

Is Mac OS X Lion necessary before installing OS X Mountain Lion?

If you haven’t understood the title then let me explain you the question a bit briefly. Will I have to install Lion (10.7) so that I would be able to upgrade it to Mountain Lion (10.8)? if I am having a mac os x in my system then will I be able to install the OS X Mountain Lion? that’s what my actual question is over here. what do you think about it, can you all please reply.

Re: Is Mac OS X Lion necessary before installing OS X Mountain Lion?

As such nothing has been specified by the apple people about this. So I would say wait for the technical requirements to come up for this new OS and then only we can decide on if the necessary up gradation would be proper or not. So that’s what you need to look at.

I have answered out all the necessary question of yours and still if there is any other query then do let me know about it.

From what I have seen in the system requirements for mountain lion I don’t think mac os x lion is required before installing OS X Mountain Lion. still its too early to speak anything about these at this stage. I would say be patient your questions will be answered as soon as the mountain lion will be out for the general public.

Better clear out the confusion from the apple support team they would surely help you out with this one, that’s what I am saying here. since they are the one who are actually launching this product so that’s why I am dam sure that they would be having a key for your locked question.

So better ask them and in case if you get some replies from them do share it with us it would be informative for everyone out here.

Thanks for giving me this solution but I already sent a mail to them about this and they haven’t responded to me yet. So I suppose they are not in the mood to answer me out. So I don’t think so your this suggestion will work for me, anyways I will try and search it out in the internet for more such solutions. Hopefully I will get some help from it. That’s all I can say.