Thread: How can I uninstall Apple OS X Mountain Lion developer preview?

How can I uninstall Apple OS X Mountain Lion developer preview?

As the title saying I wanted to uninstall the OS X Mountain Lion developer preview from the computer of mine. I used OS X Lion recovery tool but it did not worked for me at all. I broke my computer after doing that. If you are having any specific solutions then feel free to tell me about the same.

Re: How can I uninstall Apple OS X Mountain Lion developer preview?

After going through the problem I wanted to tell you that one should not run the developer's OS on your primary drive. you are supposed to run it on the partition or external drive. have you tried to boot your system by using Snow Leopard Disc? if not then try the same and also you can try to restore you system by using Time Machine backup.

If you wanted to test a new software then you should know what you are doing. You must have back up of the original system if you are looking to test new software. As it is already mentioned you should use the Time Machine backup to restore prior to start with the testing of the software.

People do stuff like this. It's how you learn. And anyway Apple should be more open about their beta releases. And, to be frank, Apple shouldn't make it so you can't roll back your OS. What if you needed to reset your iMac to factory 10.6.3? Not sure you can.

I managed to get ML back to 10.7, but only because I had a Time Machine backup of my old Lion system. Boot into ML recovery by holding down "alt" then choose reinstall backup, sign into your TM and choose your backup from the list it gives you. Wait for that to complete.

Then open this file (/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist) with a text editor and check that it refers to OS X 10.7. There are a couple of mentions I think.

Then redownload and reinstall Lion over he top and you're done.