Thread: New ‘Messages’ introduced for OS X Mountain Lion

New ‘Messages’ introduced for OS X Mountain Lion

We know that the beta version of Mountain Lion has been released. They have released new Messages beta and it supposed to replace the old iChat. If I don’t liked Messages then can I switch back to ichat? Can I do multipoint videochat as I have done with the ichat?

re: New ‘Messages’ introduced for OS X Mountain Lion

Same as iChat the Messages does the same thing. it comes with iMessage same as that of iMessage in iOS. It allows you to send unlimited messages to Mac or iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running with the iOS 5. You have to send lots of media like photos, videos, documents and contacts . you can also see when the messages has been delivered to someone and even someone is typing the reply. You can also turn on the read receipts. They will be able to see when you are reading the messages. There is end to end encryption has been implemented hence your message will remain secure and private.

Read more about the new "Messages" here: Apple OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview

If you don’t like the new Messages introduced on your system then you can remove the same from the computer. There is a link at the upper left side of Messages window in order to uninstall the messages.

Ok I got the idea. Now I doubt that Messages will start FaceTime for videochat. I don’t think so it will be a multipoint video. Let me know if you are having any idea then feel free to ask about the same.

I found that iChat or Buddies windows are not changed . you will not require to use FaceTime in order to do Video Chat. You will be able to use FaceTime when you are into the Messages window if you have selected. In the rest of the situation the iChat windows is supposed to be same.