Thread: Will I need to upgrade MacBook Air to run OS X Mountain Lion?

Will I need to upgrade MacBook Air to run OS X Mountain Lion?

I have purchased Macbook Air some days before. I came to know about the Mountain Lion. Well I am looking to use Mountain Lion on my laptop. Can i install this OS on my system? will I need to upgrade the hardware of my MacBook air? Also there is no announcement about the price of the operating system.

re: Will I need to upgrade MacBook Air to run OS X Mountain Lion?

As far as I know all the MacBook Air except the one which has been released in the year 2008 are going to have support for Mountain Lion.

I think current time is really worst for purchasing anything which has been associated with technology especially for Mac and products. There are lots of buzz coming out for Mountain Lion and new Machines. Apple supposed to update their Mac line in every single year. If they don’t do that then I am expecting that they will release the computer which will have Mountain Lion installed on it. if you have got the computer installed Mountain Lion on it then you will not be able to uninstall and change back to the 10.7 because of the hardware features.

It is about to release by this summer. It up to you whether you want to wait till the OS gets released. I think waiting could be the better option since you will get new technology at lower price or same price.

New MacBooks are supposed to have the new hardware. Why someone look to upgrade the hardware for the new models. Apple is not dumb to release a new OS which would not work on the large customer base who are having older version of the desktop or laptop. So far there is no announcement from the Apple end whether they are going to upgrade MBA when ML is supposed to release.

I came to know that there are beta testers who are testing the OS on MBA and regular Apple computers. So I am sure that ML will be compatible with the recent purchases done. The total cost of the operating system would be $30. If you are not happy with ML then you can simply switch back to the Lion. But you can do that if ML the only OS which has been came on the computer. they have mentioned that model which are released in 2011 will be compatible with ML.