Thread: OS x Mountain Lion will be a free update to Lion 10.7 or paid

OS x Mountain Lion will be a free update to Lion 10.7 or paid

I have been running OSX Lion 10.7.2 and now I am willing to try out the new features of OS x Mountain Lion, so I just wanted to know that will it be a free update to Lion 10.7 or paid?? I have been asking the same question in a no of other forum as well but then I have found varying answers, is there anyone who has a complete idea about it and can clear my doubts???

Re: OS x Mountain Lion will be a free update to Lion 10.7 or paid

I have been running OSX Lion 10.7.2 and now I am willing to try out the new features of OS x Mountain Lion, so I just wanted to know that will it be a free update to Lion 10.7 or paid?? I have been asking the same question in a no of other forum as well but then I have found varying answers, is there anyone who has a complete idea about it and can clear my doubts???
    I think that we will have to wait till they announce the same, as far as I can guess it will be a paid upgrade but then I am not very sure about the same as I have not yet found any official addressing the same.

I am quite sure that it will be paid, if you can just go through their previous release than you will see that when OSx has jumped to 10.x then they had cost their user for the same and now since many will be going from Lion 10.7 to Mountain Lion 10.8 they will be definitely making it paid, and as far as the price is concerned I can guess it to be around $30.

I really don’t think so in fact I feel that it will be a free upgrade for all supported Macs which are running on Mac OS X Lion. Just to inform you all Apple is not focusing on iOS like updates for Mac anymore and hence all the supported devices will be getting free upgrade, other than this I also wanted to share that as they have started "syncing" iOS and Mac OS with iCloud, and as the apple has not yet came up with a media event for this upgrade by now there are more chances of getting the upgrade for free.

Apple OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview