Thread: Remote disc is not getting recognized mac os x 10.4.11

Remote disc is not getting recognized mac os x 10.4.11

I have been using a pc and a mac(mac os x 10.4.11) as well but then the cd dvd drive does not work in mac and that’s why I have set up remote disc using my pc and mac, I have actually turned them on both computers but then the problem that I am facing is that when I am inserting the disc in the pc then I am not able to find it out in the macs menu, I mean that the disc does not show up in the mac, I don’t think that I am missing anything is there anyone who can help??

Re: Remote disc is not getting recognized mac os x 10.4.11

I have been using a pc and a mac(mac os x 10.4.11) as well but then the cd dvd drive does not work in mac and that’s why I have set up remote disc using my pc and mac, I have actually turned them on both computers but then the problem that I am facing is that when I am inserting the disc in the pc then I am not able to find it out in the macs menu, I mean that the disc does not show up in the mac, I don’t think that I am missing anything is there anyone who can help??
    I will suggest you to follow the below article and check out the instructions that has been mentioned there:

Other than this I just wanted to know that what are the updated for which you are willing to use disk?

I have gone though the article and have followed the same but then I am having mac os x leopard 10.5 upgrade disc and on the other hand my mac is running on mac os x tiger 10.4.11, I will also like to add that both system are having the disc sharing enabled and they are up to date as well but then I don’t know why the disc is not showing up, is there any solution that I can try to get it work??

In that case you can just try disabling it on the Mac and then rebooting that system and then see if it is making any difference, just check out the same and let me know what you get.

I just wanted to know if you are having the below full retail install disk:

if you are having the gray system install/restore disk than it won’t work, the disc which are shipped from the intel mac wont work either, so just let me know what is your case??