Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to use floppy disc on Mac OS X

Operating Systems

Old 17-02-2012

How to use floppy disc on Mac OS X

I own a Mac mini which is running OS X 10.6.8. I have downloaded Midi files and I want to play them on my Kawai 170 concert performer digital piano. The Piano can only take floppy disc. I have a VST USB Floppy Drive which I connected to the Mac Mini. The problem is I cannot copy files to the floppy disc. Can anyone tell me how to get midi files from mac mini to floppy disc?

Old 17-02-2012

Re: How to use floppy disc on Mac OS X

You have installed Mac OS X 10. 6 and the question is whether or not Mac OS and later versions require a device driver Thus to use the USB Floppy Disk Drive. I heard that some version of Mac OS are meant or whether the same is true for OS X. Find whether there a compatible driver needed for your Mac OS X in order to run floppy drive.

Do you have a new volume, such as "No Name" in the Finder window?
Old 17-02-2012

Re: How to use floppy disc on Mac OS X

You have a connected drive and actually inserted a floppy disk?

You might need to actually mount it, or at least indicate that the drive must be initialized. In 10.6 you may need drivers for the USB drive.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,