Thread: Getting "red screen error" while doing a Full restore using factory restore disk of HP elite 7100

Getting "red screen error" while doing a Full restore using factory restore disk of HP elite 7100

I am having HP elite 7100 which is running on Windows 7 Pro and the problem is that when I am trying to do a full restore with the factory restore disk that I had got then I am getting an "Red Screen" error saying:
    "Red Screen" factory Processing Error Occurred. Failure spawning c:\postfailureerror.exe UIAInfo:946 FBI Post OS processing error....must power down
    I have tried doping the same a no of times but then I am always welcomed with the same error message is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Getting "red screen error" while doing a Full restore using factory restore disk of HP elite 7100

I am having HP elite 7100 which is running on Windows 7 Pro and the problem is that when I am trying to do a full restore with the factory restore disk that I had got then I am getting an "Red Screen" error saying "Red Screen" factory Processing Error Occurred. Failure spawning c:\postfailureerror.exe UIAInfo:946 FBI Post OS processing error....must power down
    I have tried doping the same a no of times but then I am always welcomed with the same error message is there anyone who can help me out??
    I was facing the same issue and after trying out a no of solution I figured out that Ethernet cable plugged in during the process and I was having a time server connected my network and that was the reason I was getting that error but then later when unplugged the Ethernet cable and then started the system recovery then the process was complete, I am not very sure if it was your case but then you can at least check it out to be at the safer side.

Re: Getting "red screen error" while doing a Full restore using factory restore disk of HP elite 7100

I think that you might be lucky with the solution because I have tried out the same, I mean that even after unplugging the Ethernet cable I am still getting the same red error message, is there any other solution that I can try out?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

No, I agree to ZAHAR as he said, even I have followed his solution but then in a different way and it had solved the same issue in my case previously, this is what I had done:
    • First make one partition and make sure that there is not network cable connected to the computer.
    • When the Windows OS dvd, and language DVD installation will start then disconnect the keyboard and mouse as well and after that the installation will proceed without any issues.
    • I will also like to share that while choosing your country and account you can connect the mouse and then use the onscreen keyboard until the process completely end.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.